Chores are those errands at home that we can easily postpone but can bring us stress when delayed too long. Just imagine. How wonderful it is to always arrive in a clean and well-kept abode.
Not only that, if your aging loved one is living independently, chores can be disregarded due to their age-related limitations. When this happens, even their health can be affected.
If chores are becoming too much for you to handle on a daily basis, there’s a one-word solution for it: ORGANIZATION. As your leading partner in providing Home Care in Florida, let us share with you these helpful tips to organize your chores at home. In particular, organize your chores according to how often they should be carried out.
These are those chores that, when not attended to every day, can affect the visual appeal of your home, making you look not uncared for and unprepared for visitors. These chores include the following:
- Fixing your bed
- Washing and drying the dishes (ideally every after meal)
- Vacuuming entrance and kitchen area
- Clean kitchen counters and stovetops
- Wipe and clean up spills, messes, and other dirt
- Ensuring that items are in their rightful place
- Disposing of the garbage
- Cleaning bathroom sinks
Understandably, these chores need to be carried out every week as it’s the longest time that these errands can last. These chores include:
- Doing the laundry
- Vacuuming/mopping all floor area especially on the hard surfaces
- Dusting the room especially the window areas
- Cleaning toilets and bathrooms thoroughly
- Cleaning refrigerators and freezers
- Wiping kitchen cabinets especially the handles
These chores are clearly the errands that involve heavier items and take a longer time to finish. Additionally, these are also items that only have approximately a month of cleanliness-lifetime to live. These chores include:
- Thoroughly cleaning furniture
- Laundry bed linens, pillow covers, and curtains
- Wiping baseboards and doors
- Wiping fan blades
- Cleaning the dishwashing machine (if there’s any)
- Dusting window coverings
These are chores that have to be attended to in particular seasons of the year, especially during the spring, as dust allergens are common. These include:
- De-cluttering your cabinet to give way for seasonal clothes
- Deep-cleaning your refrigerators and freezer
- Cleaning the carpets and rugs
- Cleaning underneath your furniture
The key to ensuring that chores are well carried out is by organizing these chores according to their schedules. Not only that, assign every family member to do these chores as well so that you can ensure that your home is always the ideal place to live in. When you’re staying alone at home, our team providing Companionship and Homemaking in Bonita Springs, Florida can help you out.
Are you interested in these types of services? Send us a message to inquire at L’Elite Homemaker & Companion Services, Inc.